Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Desperate Dieters  (Read 1554 times)

• Liked: 0
Desperate Dieters
« on: June 17, 2004, 03:26:59 PM »
I'm just watching this program on the Discovery Health and I must say it's soo TEMPTING!! Ok so basically it's about the extremes people go through to be slimmer. Mostly weight-loss surgery-- gastric bypass and the like. There are also ones that have done liquid meal replacements for 6months and all have lost TONS! I'm talking about 4stone in 9weeks!  :o

So I was wondering, what is the most radical thing you have ever done to lose the flab? How much did you lose? How long did it take? And did it came back plus more??
~LilacMoon~

• Liked: 1
Re: Desperate Dieters
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 03:32:45 PM »
Most radical?  Herbalife shakes for 2 meals of the day. I lost 15 lbs in a few weeks and gained it back 2 fold when i stopped (they did taste good though!)

best thing is WW.  I've lost and kept off 40 lbs.

• Liked: 8
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 03:34:52 PM »
The best thing i ever did was start running.  I started VERY slowly (walking, in fact) and built up to being able to run quite far.  I really enjoyed it and lost about 25 lbs in a couple of months.  Unfortunately I stopped running when I finished college and didn't make the time for it once I became a "professional".  I'm getting back to it, though!   :)

• Love Exile
    • stoat
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 07:16:07 PM »
I did a Body for Life challenge except that I used the Atkins diet for the eating plan.  Twelve weeks of hell!  I only lost 9 lbs the whole time but my measurements went down a lot and I felt great--not to mention the feeling of accomplishment which comes from finishing something as grueling as BFL. 
~Emily

"It is one thing to say that our feet do not know they are feet.  It is quite another thing to say that they are illusions."  --Ernest Holmes

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2004, 01:04:29 AM »
Most radical?  Herbalife shakes for 2 meals of the day. I lost 15 lbs in a few weeks and gained it back 2 fold when i stopped (they did taste good though!)

I did Herbalife.  For about a month.  Found out I was starving myself - never lost a pound.  Didn't ever get a phone call back either, nor the money.

best thing is WW.  I've lost and kept off 40 lbs.

Absolutely!  I did it for a few months and lost 30 lbs.  Gained it all back though.  Its a way of life, I think.  Not just something quick.  Wish I could do it again. :)  I felt so much better at that weight.
"You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lovers arms can only come later when you are sure they wont laugh if you trip." - Jonathan Carroll, "Outside the Dog Museum" - From an e-card I sent Craig when I was 14
6 ½ years later... :D

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2004, 03:51:54 AM »
Most radical?  Acute starvation.  I won't go into how much or how long details because for me, it wasn't a "diet", but a way of existing. 

• Philadelphia, PA to York in 2000
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2004, 01:38:08 PM »
Most radical?  Acute starvation.  I won't go into how much or how long details because for me, it wasn't a "diet", but a way of existing. 

That sounds well familiar! Mine was being in a crap relationship supporting both of us on my crap salary and living on bread and ramen noodles and packet rice while the b/f refused to get a job for 3 years. The cat ate better and more regularly than I did. It's scary seeing pics of me then and how gaunt I looked. No wonder my mother disapproved!  ::) So it wasn't really a choice diet but a result of circumstances.

But I've plumped up nicely since then, thank you! LOL!  ;) I don't do diets as I just don't have the will power.  :-\\\\

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2004, 11:09:19 AM »
my most radical was also herbal life...and stupid me even tried to sell it, which cost me 2,000 that i never saw returns for...not to mention my upper grade manager refused my calls as well.

the best was with dietpower that i did a couple years ago...  it was not a diet per say...but a tool to help you keep track of what you were eating...  it is a software program for the computer...  you tell it what you ate and it tells you the nutritian you have eaten as well as calories consumed...  it will also tally what you have worked off in exercise...  I lost about 65lbs with it and it worked great...  but my stress of moving here and moving in with my sister ruined all that hard work...  but i still have the program...just need that inside push again to get back on track.

Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2004, 02:12:44 PM »
I did a Body for Life challenge except that I used the Atkins diet for the eating plan.  Twelve weeks of hell!  I only lost 9 lbs the whole time but my measurements went down a lot and I felt great--not to mention the feeling of accomplishment which comes from finishing something as grueling as BFL. 

Anyone who can do BFL is a hero in my books! Yikes!
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2004, 01:57:10 PM »
Wowies thanks for replying everyone. Seems people are willing to do just about anything to lose a few pounds and the diet industry KNOWS it.  Take care all and stay healthy!  I'm off to the gym :)
~LilacMoon~

• All stressed out and no-one to choke!
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2004, 10:05:38 AM »
I tried starvation. No food all day with a small meal with Hubby in the evening. Nothing absolutely nothing! ??? Now I go to the gym and do loads of cardio. I'm eating five times a day. Yeah!!!! ;) I still have a Slimfast shake for breakfast. Fruit midmorning. A light lunch. Something healthyish midafternoon and a light dinner around 7. I try never to eat anything after this but hey sometimes popcorn is a necessity. I still eat rubbish now and again but only in moderation. Can't survive without chocolate forever! I've lost 35 pounds in a year. Not great, but still good I think. The big plus is that I'm still continuing to lose.

Good luck to all dieters out there. It can be a real b*tch!

Tracy ;D
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
--Jimi Hendrix (1942-1970)

Sponsored Links