Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Official Introduction  (Read 1189 times)

• Contraltos do it lower....
    • Forever Autumn
  • Liked: 0
Official Introduction
« on: August 11, 2004, 01:52:12 PM »
Well, first let me say thank you to everyone who has already made me feel so welcome and been so helpful.  ~~BIG HUGS~~  I posted in the Visa section first a few days ago and decided it was time to make my "formal" introduction in the welcome forum.  I'm just so NOT a lurker by nature! ;D

My name is Autumn (yeah, really...on my birth certificate and everything).  Like my sig says, my mother named me Autumn Dawn even though I was born in the Summer and at Night (and no, she wasn't some strange hippie type...LOL...she just loved the time of year and thought the name was different and beautiful).  And, yeah, the rest of my life has seemed to be just that crazy, odd, and mixed up........that is, until I met Jamie and I found my reason for breathing.

In July of last year, in a desperate attempt to escape my worsening depression and suicidal-ness, I joined a posting board for fans of a favourite author of mine.  The board strongly encouraged member creativity and artistic-ness and so I felt it was the place for me to excercise and share a few of my writing gifts (poetry and songwriting specifically).  It became my diversion from my increasingly miserable "real-life" which wasn't a LIFE at all, it was merely existence.  It was a place I could pour my soul out on those pages....and, on those pages is where I found my soul-mate.

Jamie, too, had joined the board having a desire and need to escape his real-life situation.  He was a very gifted writer and photographer but the woman who had been his partner for 12 years did not appreciate him for the magnificently talented and wonderful person that he is. She never supported him in his dreams and interests.  She spent her nights in her favourite pub with her friends and ignored Jamie unless she was really drunk (sad, huh?).  He did not share this with me at first.  At first we just became friends and then started to write together....and that was wonderful.   

As for me, I had been divorced for some time and had suffered through a string of lousy and just plain wrong relationships.

I had never collabed with anyone before.  But, Jamie became the voice of my heart.  He would write something and I would sit there and read it, with tears streaming down my face, and say, 'I could have written that'.  It was like he was reading my very soul and putting what he found there on paper.  When we started writing together we found - even though our styles of writing aren't perfectly the same - we complimented each other so that when other people read our collabs they couldn't tell who had written what.  We shared a poetic and literary "Voice" and it seemed to be screaming one thing:  We belonged together!  We both knew it....we both tried to deny it....for a while, that is.  Until we could do so no more. During this time Jamie came to the inevitable conclusion that his marriage had been over for a looooooong time but he still didn't tell me how he felt about me.  Not until.....

November.  And I hit the lowest low of depression I had ever had.  I called it the Abyss.  Some great poetry ended up coming out of it.....but, that was the only thing "great" about it.  It hurt to breathe.  Plus, I had discovered that I was deeply in love with a man who was perfect for me.  However, an ocean and over 4000 miles seperated us.  U'm, not to mention, he was married.

I stopped going online very much at all and I stopped talking to everyone on the board.  I stopped doing much of anything other than sleeping and crying.  It hurt to breathe, it hurt to talk, it just hurt...and I was so exhausted.  People were sending me messages, they were worried about me.  Jamie left me IMs, I could tell he really missed me.  I went back to bed and prayed to die.

My roommate and dear friend Dana (who had been hearing me talk about the board I was on....and had heard me go on and on about Jamie) said one night, "You need to go online and talk to Jamie....he loves you".

I knew that was true.  But, that - I thought - was tragic!  I loved him, too.....what were we to do?

I went online that night.  Jamie was on, waiting and praying that I would come on.  He said that when my IM screen popped up, he shouted to the ceiling, "THANK GOD!"

Well, to attempt to make a really long story short (after all, we are planning on writing a book together to tell the WHOLE story....I'm trying not to write the whole thing out here, LOL), we finally came clean to each other that we loved each other....and knew that we belonged together.

So, at that time in the middle of November, he left his now ex-wife, booked tickets to come and see me in December (at Christmas time), and got the process of divorce started. She (the now ex-wife, that is) admitted that she was relieved actually.  She had known that marriage had been over for some time as well, but she had lacked the courage to end it herself.

My Jamie came to me in December.  When I went to meet him at Orlando International Airport it was truly magical.  As soon as our eyes met everyone and everything else in the room started to fade.  All of the clamour and noise of a busy airport at Christmas time started to silence.  By the time we were in each others' arms everyone else was gone and it seemed we stood in a vacuum.  We were the only two people who existed in the world.  I know, that sounds all too much like some movie story...but, that's exactly how it happened.  And, that is, indeed, how it is.  No one else in the whole world exists for us.  Just me for him, and him for me.

That was the best Christmas EVER!   He asked me to marry him.  I said YES!  He came back to visit me in February for Valentine's Day, then again in April right after Easter.  I came over here at the end of April and now we are getting all in order to marry and then when I go back in October we will get everything ready for when he comes in December and we will go to the NY consulate and get my spousal visa.  Then, I will come back home with him.....finally to STAY!

HOME.  This is home.  Not because I love England and think it's beautiful (which I do).  This is home because home is only where my Jamie is.

I am happy for the first time in my life.....all because of this wonderful man who changed my life.  For nearly 30 years I had felt that I had lived nearly 30 years too long.   Now I want to live....and, it no longer hurts to breathe.  Because.....Jamie is the reason I breathe!

Sooooo...that's me and my "formal introduction"....LOL.  Hopefully it's not too long of one! ::) :P And, hopefully, some of you will find it interesting and entertaining to read as well. :) 

I look forward to getting to know everyone and making new friends here. ;D
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 05:08:27 PM by Songmistress »
I was born in the Summer and at Night...my mother named me AUTUMN DAWN.  True story.

Jamie's...beyond the stars and past eternity.

EMAIL or PM me for information about gigs or about booking me (solo gig) or the band.

Re: Official Introduction
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 04:02:21 PM »
Welcome to UK-Yankee!

That author's website sounds really interesting, what author is t?

• Forever Autumn
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 04:39:53 PM »
Thank you, Saf!  The original site was called "Prophet's Inc" or "PI" for short.  And, it was for Terry Goodkind and his Sword of Truth fantasy series.

The web-master who ran the site ended up making an off-shoot site called "Fantasy Essentials" ("F/E") and divided all the exclusively fan related forums (that specifically only talked about Terry Goodkind's books) and the other "general discussion and creative writing and fun/game forums".  I think he had to do it for legal reasons.  Anyway....here are the two sites: 

Fantasy Essentials
 Prophet’s Inc   

And, also...here's the poetry thread that Jamie and I started/run/etc, "The Live Poets' Society", over there on F/E (for anyone who's interested at taking a peek.  It contains just some of our stuff.  It's open to anyone who wants to post their works there). :)
I was born in the Summer and at Night...my mother named me AUTUMN DAWN.  True story.

EMAIL or PM me for information about gigs or about booking me (solo gig) or the band.

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 05:00:44 PM »
Wow! What a great intro!
Here is an official WELCOME TO UKY!!!
Mel

• Witchiepoo
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 05:28:29 PM »
Welcome aboard, Songmistress, and congratulations on your upcoming marriage!
Insert wonderfully creative signature here …

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 07:20:08 PM »
welcome... i too have a jamie and understand about the breathing... it's funny huh how all those years you thought the act of drawing in air and huffing it back out was breathing... and yes home is truely in fact where you heart is... again welcome home, Jo
It's the difference between knowing the path and walking the path.

Lipstick? Where woman? There is no lipstick!
She wasn't kissing your lips my darling

What's it gonna be Merv?
Interesting deal
She'll do it. If she has to kill everyone in this room. She'll do it. She's in love.
*sigh*
It's amazing how the path of love is so alike to the path of insanity

2gether 4ever Jo & Jimmy

• Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 10:25:50 PM »
Wow great story songmistress!  I am glad that you took the time to share with us.  I hope to read more of your posts in the future!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Finally back in his arms...
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 10:53:45 PM »
That was an amazing introduction and I could really put myself into your place because all of that happened to me only at Gatwick Airport (with my hubby of course lol ;) )and me flying out of Orlando International.

I suppose it's easier for me to picture as that is my home airport and the one I always fly in and out of here.

You and Jamie sound so perfect for one another. I wish you luck and happiness and long to hear more about your ever unfolding story....

*hugs*

x x x - Missy  :-*
So close no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart and nothing else matters...

• Forever Autumn
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2004, 10:19:05 AM »
Thank you, Everyone, for the warm welcome....and for reading my story. :) :) :)  ~~BIG HUGS~~

I, too, am looking forward to the unfolding of the story. ;D  It keeps getting better and better....and everyday is an adventure.

Yep, Missy, OIA is the airport I flew out of, too, and will have to fly back into in October ( :( not looking forward to that, but since I have to go back to get my visa I'll just have to find a way to deal with the 2 month seperation from Jamie.  He would go back with me in October if he could.  But, he has to work.  You know how that is.  But, he will come in December and we will spend Christmas holidays with my family, then go to NY to get my visa, and then I'll come back here with him....that's the plan anyway.  I know all the support here at UKY will keep me sane and help me get through a 2 month period that will feel like an eternity....).

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2004, 11:59:24 AM »

I agree,a very good story.Welcome  :)

Rhia

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2004, 07:58:17 AM »
Autumn, that's a great meeting. It's amazing, really, to find your soul mate through writing. It's almost as though the physical gets in the way of true happiness. I mean, looks fade and all that...what's really important is what's on the inside. And we discover this about ourselves when we write...because those thoughts get very intimate, like "talking" to ourselves.
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

• Forever Autumn
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2004, 10:57:10 AM »
So true, Lisa.  Jamie and I got to know one another so deeply through our writing.  I used to say - and still do - everytime he would write something that felt like he was plucking the words right off my heart and recording them - "Look closely, People, and you can see Jamie's fingerprints on my soul". 

I love being able to be with Jamie physically now...after all, I longed for it, and fantazised about it, and dreamt of it for soooooo long.  But, I am grateful for that time that we got to know each other though our words - when all we had to touch each other was our words of love. It gaves us a very strong foundation.

• azroomie & james
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2004, 12:59:17 PM »
Hi  Autumn!!

Thank you for sharing!! I also met my now husband online (on a Catholic website) and  had visa porblems a s well.  I had to be seprarated from him after we  were  married  and I didn't know  I wasn't comng out england to stay until I actualy got here.. !!!   sigh*.. so yes, it wa s  very trying and very dificult.. we talked to each other twice a day while I wa s waiting for our  marriage license to post  so I could get my visa.   WElcoem!!  now these  problems of not finding friends  or independence  seems trivial  some days when I think about all we  did go through to actually be together..    I guess it keeps it all in perspective.. 

"Courage is the power to let go of the familiar." - Raymond Lindquist

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab